This year I have decided to use the Daily Walk Bible for my quiet time. This last year I really had a hard time keeping my focus on staying in the word. I have ALWAYS received a great benefit from much time spent in the word. I am amazed at how timely God's word is to my life and situations. Somehow I let myself be distracted from this way too much in 2010.
In the front of this Bible I found an article. Here are some of the highlights.
Seven Benefits from Reading Your Bible
All seven are taken from Psalm 119.
1. The Bible will help keep you from sin. verse 11
2. The Bible will lift your burdens. verse 28
3. The Bible will guide your steps. verse 105
4. The Bible will bring you joy. verse 111
5. The Bible will lead you to wisdom. verse 130
6. The Bible will give you peace. verse 165
7. The Bible will bring you back to God. verse 176
Reading my Bible also makes me a calmer, happier wife and mother.
Reading my Bible helps me deal more appropriately with the daily trials and temptations which come my way.
Reading my Bible gives me a rich supply to share from with those who need help and hope in this world.
This year I am focusing on the word for myself and the benefit I will receive from spending time with God. Reading the word alone is not enough but it is a start. I need the word daily and I need a closer relationship with God. I am sure this is a need God will honor. I am sure he will help me apply the word and grow from it if I am willing.
The life and times of the Redding family.