I was tagged by the Tootle at tootlestime. Here goes.
1. How many meals does most of your family eat at home each week? How many are in your family?
10 people X 3 meals a day =30 meals a day X 7 =210 Sometimes we only do 2 meals a day and some of the workers have lunch away from home a couple of days a week.
2. How many cookbooks do you own?
Probably 40 or so. I have about 25 in sight:)
3. How often do you refer to a cookbook each week?
Just about every day.
4. Do you collect recipes from other sources? If so, what are some of your favorite sources (relatives, friends, magazines, advertisements, packages, the internet, etc.
I love reading recipes in cookbooks and magazines and only occasionally do I find one to keep anymore. I also received a new one from a homeschool meeting lately.
5. How do you store those recipes?
Unfortunately they are not very orderly. I have a binder I keep most in. My children made a cookbook for me a few years ago so I try to add new ones to this. I am also in the process of putting them on the computer so I can keep up with them better.
6. When you cook, do you follow the recipe pretty closely, or do you use recipes primarily to give you ideas?
Baked items (breads, cakes, etc.) I follow the recipe. Most other things I just get ideas and go from there.
7. Is there a particular ethnic style or flavor that predominates in your cooking? If so, what is it?
We like most things. We eat mexican and italian most often.
8. What's your favorite kitchen task related to meal planning and preparation? (eating the finished product does not count)
I love to cook and plan.
9. What's your least favorite part?
I do not like to shop or clean up.
10. Do you plan menus before you shop?
11. What are your three favorite kitchen tools or appliances?
I have a favorite homemade cookie sheet which I use every day.
12. If you could buy one new thing for your kitchen, money was no object, and space not an issue, what would you most like to have?
A convection oven.
13. Since money and space probably are objects, what are you most likely to buy next?
A potato peeler
14. Do you have a separate freezer for storage?
15. Grocery shop alone or with others?
Alone mostly. When I cook once a month I take a helper or two.
16. How many meatless main dish meals do you fix in a week??
17. If you have a decorating theme in your kitchen, what is it? Favorite kitchen colors?
Blue and white
18. What's the first thing you ever learned to cook, and how old were you?
Homemade biscuits when I was 8 years old.
19. How did you learn to cook?
I’m sure my mom taught me some even though she worked full time (which gave me a lot of time to practice).
20. Tag two other people to play.
I’m sort of new to this blog thing and I do not know anyone else who has not played. Sorry!
Post a Comment